Monday, September 12, 2011

Video tearing - Window 7 - Youtube and MPC

For a while I was upset with my nVidia video adapters. Tearing was out of control. The problem may be with Windows, it could also be with the nVidia adapter. I don't recall the problem with the older ATI Radeon 7500, but it is definitely a problem with both of my nVidia Quadro adapters.

Nevertheless, I have found the solution to video output, but have yet to find a solution to the tearing in video games. The later is less of a problem, but still sometimes annoying when there are animated sequences in a game and the beauty is lost with strips of video being slightly out of sync.

I am not sure if this increases the CPU load, but it sure makes video look a lot better. To remove tearing in Media Player Classic, you have to choose Alternate Vsync.

As for Youtube, the solution is as simple. You remove the Hardware Acceleration.

No comments:

Post a Comment