Friday, September 9, 2011

Job search - Where is my problem?

I have been unemployed for over 16 weeks now. That may sound like a lot, but it sure feels like it has been ages.

I have been to the various employment centres for assistance with my resume, I have been to workshops on effective job searching early into my job search. On a daily basis, I apply to a number of positions, some for which I am overqualified, some for which I am close to meeting the requirements. A Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and a Master's in Social Science is not enough to make myself worthwhile to an employer is it?

What does this say about me? What does it say about the economy? Canada is a failed state considering the rate of poverty, homelessness and a government that goes out on military assaults without seeing that the needs of its own people are met. (Even if people are living well, there is no excuse to partake in military action in an aggressive fashion.)


No comments:

Post a Comment