Thursday, August 18, 2011

Keyboards not made for typing : Vaio & Macbook

I am not an author, but yesterday I had an awful time using another friend's computer : MacBook Pro. It was the same experience I had a few months earlier with a Vaio.

Regarding the use of a laptop, battery life, thickness or a webcam, they are really at the bottom of my list of priorities. A good keyboard, high PPI screen and low noise is by far the most important if you have to do anything that requires any concentration:

- missing keystrokes or hooking a finger on the wrong key breaks your train of thought;
- when working with a big spreadsheet, you often want to have a lot of data, graphics in front of you. You may also want to have several graphs of the same data to determine what is the best way to present the information;
- noise from a fan, hard drive or anything else, including blue LEDs, is enough to break a stream of thought.

Most of the time, I will set my laptop on a desk and type from there. Therefore I need to concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment