Monday, November 19, 2012

How good games ruin the rest

Over the past few months, I have played a lot of Bioware games such as the Dragon Age and Mass Effect series. They are simply stellar. Good writing, the voice acting is great, action is well balanced, faces are well drawn/modeled and the animation, while not always as detailed as I would like, is still quite good.

I am really let down with the games that I have tried since :

  • The Witcher 2 - The voice acting is just horrible. I also find the game play a little repetitive.
  • Kingdom of Armalur Reckoning - Is this a joke? 2012 games should not feel like ones from 2002. What frustrates me most about the games is the use of the mouse for everything. I want to hear the dialogues, but why do I have to click to each response. How about an option to make the different responses run smoothly.
  • Saints Row The Third - Game is supposed to be fun. At times it was, but overall, it left a lot to desire.
  • Assassin's Creed - The whole lot. Although the graphics are good, the story doesn't evolve that much. An interesting concept that is wholly underdeveloped. 
  • Borderlands - I have yet to try the second instalment, however I was let down with the first as there were a lot of guns, but no story. The robot claptrap also annoyed me.  
I think I will go back to reading books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment