Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Artistically wrong











I would love to claim  the title of being an abstract / modern / installation artist. Unfortunately, I have not accomplished much so far. The photo above of my laundry and dresser is not representative, nor does it express anything in particular. It may actually look more like a documentary moment in my life before I fold my clothes before putting them in a drawer.

When going through galleries, looking through books, or visiting websites online, I stand in awe and think "I want to do things like this." There is one problem : nothing to express. Although I do have strong feelings about somethings, I am not convinced that those very feelings are anything worth writing or making a display about. There is a need to recognize a structure, and work with it in order to make the message, if there a specific one, understand how my method of communicating can be accessible.

Science and technology evolved with all the other fields whether they be literature, theology, arts,etc. In many ways it is difficult to imagine how any technology can be developed if there is no link to other a purpose or meaning. Agriculture is a science, and a feat of engineering. Climatic conditions can be relatively stable, but there is a goal of having better output, using less human or machine effort and ultimately making the enterprise most profitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment