Thursday, July 28, 2011

How portable devices just need to be better

What I dislike about my computer are the following :

CPU fan - it is quiet, but it would be much nicer if it would never turn on

HDD - I have no need for a lot of storage. A SSD may save a little power, but it will be pleasantly quiet

Touchpad - I only use it when I need to navigate on the web at distance.

With the exception of the touch interface, tablets and touchphone generally produce little heat and are all SSD. That is great.

Although there is huge potential for improvements in the processing power, most writing, calculations in spreadsheets etc, do not need massive power. It is not like trying to determine the perimeter of a shoreline.

Although modern laptops do not look much different from the ones in the early 1990s, they should be cooler and quieter, perhaps not even have any moving parts. If that will be the case, it sure sounds quite an improvement to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment