Wednesday, September 25, 2013

iPhone 5s, 5c - still no FM radio

Of all things that I miss on new portable devices, is none other than the FM radio. I should make a correction, most MP3 players had one, so did an earlier Nokia phone. My old Huawei u8350 also had and FM radio. The amber update for the Nokia Lumia series will also bring the FM radio. The Blackberry 9360 that I should have gotten also has an FM radio.


Commercial radio is an annoying waste of time,  do not get me wrong. If you have access to public radio that offers news coverage, documentaries, interviews and other magazines, you will find an FM radio very convenient.

Perhaps this is part of Apple's model:  make everything commercial.When using streaming services you are normally paying for bandwidth.

No comments:

Post a Comment