Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Using the web and netoworking when looking for work

Again, I doubt that anyone I know is reading this. Maybe I should rephrase that and say: other than a search bot, I don't think anyone will ever read this.
Regardless, I thought that having a web "presence" is important. When looking for work we can be anonymous characters, unless we are already known in the industry.

Now with google, pipl.com, facebook, etc. it is possible to look up people like a term in a dictionary. About 5 years ago, I thought it was important to be "alive" on the web, one's name on a numerous projects, publications etc.

I totally disagree. It is best to not be "on the Internet" and keep a private life. Recreating the public sphere by making a life private will not enhance the quality of my life. Maybe just somebody who want to market something!

No comments:

Post a Comment