Thursday, March 10, 2011

Are cars really any diffrent than computers

The motorized vehicle is not that much older than the computer. Increased efficiency would have been possible, but there were other priorities. New processors boast of more processing power, but they also require a lot more electrical power!

Computers used to be isolated large calculators, but now they have become an essential tool for communication. Although the internet since the late 1990s has developed substantially, I find little to no great improvement is the use of computer in the past decade or so. It is true that newer machines can handle high definition video, be used for video games with more detail and vivid images, but for the average user, with a 768pixel screen using Skype, a word processor, browser and Acrobat Reader, there have been few real improvements.

I find that my 2003 Dell Precision, is probably better than some of the new machines that come out today. Here are few reasons why :
6 hour battery life
Dead silent ( I replaced the hard drive with a compact flash card)
good keyboard
1920x1200 WUXGA screen
all the ports I need ( I have yet to use eSATA or Firewire)
Still really fast in comparison to some new systems that I have seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment