Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Alone, ranting and raving of older technology

I have mentioned it before, but I am convinced that many technological innovations are far from being displaced.

I fail to find a utility to the tablets. Maybe I should try the interface, but a keyboard, one that I do not have to look at because the tips of my fingers know where the keys are, is maybe best. Perhaps they will show that gaming, browsing etc are best on the tablet, but a resolution of 1024 x 768 is really too little. I was initially satisfied with screens whose resolution was widescreen, but only 768 height makes it difficult to set two pages side by side while still being legible.

New standards should be for higher resolutions, making text and images crisper. Once you get used to HD, it is difficult to go back to something less. AM radio is out, but it will not die for a long time, as it travels so much further than FM... I should play with my short wave radio more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment