Thursday, March 13, 2014

A game that is too difficult to be any fun : Guacamelee

I don't quite know what it takes to be a gamer, but if you are a little bit like me, you enjoy the story,  artwork, scripting, music and some challenge.
When it comes to Guacamelee, I haven't even gotten through a quarter of the game to end up being terribly frustrated. I am using an Xbox 360 controller, as it is recommended, but can't get anywhere past the Tule Tree. I have watched videos on YouTube, I understand what has to be done, but the timing is very, very difficult : jump (A), change dimension (RT), rooster punch (UP + B), change dimension (RT). Unfortunately, I just can't get it.

I must have spent hours on one screen and it is time that I give up and move on to something else.

Developers, please make games have varied levels of difficulty. Hints, difficulty scaling etc, would make a challenging game a lot more agreeable for many people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment