Thursday, March 21, 2013

Don't text me!

I understand that some people hate e-mail as it just piles up. However, I equally find texting a pain.

If it is something important, that needs to be done right away, fair enough, use a phone and call me. However do not expect that your message will be considered important if you text. It can equally be ignored like e-mail.

What are my rules for e-mail? Should I equally apply them to texting? Generally, I don't immediately answer my e-mails. I usually wait a day, and often wait a couple weeks before getting back to somebody for correspondence.  As for business e-mails, that is a completely different matter. With regard to texting, I have a work colleague who has texted me on my days off for work related questions. Should I leave my work provided cell phone in the office? My line of work is not time critical, there is no reason to contact me outside of my work hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment