Sunday, December 30, 2012

Why tablets (iPad, Android) are not for me

Over the past couple months, I have had a few chances to use tablets. In fact, I bought a number of them(iPad, Playbook, Android HoneyComb and Froyo) and found myself returning them within a few days. While they can be used for browsing, playing simple games, watching videos etc, there is a lot that cannot be done:

  • Typing like a regular keyboard
  • Using a spreadsheet
  • Keeping my neck more less straight
  • Multi-tasking ( works more less well on the Android and Playbook, but less automatic switching like in Windows)
  • Proper browsing - the mouseover function is brilliant; let us not forget the ease of double clicking a word and then right click - "Open in a new tab" etc. 
  • Simple connection to a monitor or TV ( again it was possible with the Android and Playbook devices, but I never got a mini-HDMI cable ) 
  • Keeping the screen clean!

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I don't like much the ipad mostly. It simply you need to sticky over the keyboard.
    Restroom trailer rentals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its better to tryout some other new Window 8 Device. It something new in the market right now.

    Restaurants In Steamboat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its better to use the normal smartphone. It something they have a better feature included in it. Tablet is not the future of ours.

    bulk bins melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the people have some lacking information about the tablets. They are data overflow. They are not so much secure for the data storage. So Keep all the Private Confidential data into some good space.

    Virtual Machine Monitoring Software

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete