Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wasting time with technology.

I have some work to do, but I just can't get around to getting it done. So here I am making an entry in my blog, simply because, I have to start expressing something before I can actually write something that makes sense.

In the past couple days, I have been a literal vegetable. No energy to write, to read, watch do anything really. Depression may be part of it, but I have yet to wrap my head around this useless degree that I am finishing. I say useless, because I have no motivation to finish it seeing that there are no jobs in the field, nor did enjoy the fieldwork or the writing. The writing further reminded me that I hated the fieldwork.

I loved the field as such, but under obligation, a professor, a grant which my prof got me, I had to follow through with research on people who made it clear that I was not wanted around. Anthropology should have some ethics, but I more than failed to follow any ethical guidelines.

There is another project on the go, which is unfortunately related to the main one that I have undertaken. I say unfortunately because I am so sick of my research, but alas, it must be completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment