Saturday, March 14, 2020

Amazon Customer Support Chat - What a Waste of time ! - AI or Real person. Either way, totally useless.

Chat is supposed to be faster means for resolving an issue than email. Having real time conversation would help, but in the case of Amazon. It... is... not.

I write my question/issue in the first prompt of the chat. A support agent asks me what is my problem. I copy and paste my original question  The agent asks me to wait a few minutes.
After waiting 5 minutes, I write "Hello, are you still there?" I am asked again to wait for a few more minutes.

You get the picture.

Expect to wait, and wait and wait. It's worse than waiting on the phone because your attention is probably elsewhere.

Use e-mail - describe the problem. Propose a solution.
It may take a day or two to get a response, but it's only a few minutes - not half an hour to an hour of chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment