Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Stop wasting job seekers' time - Obligation to communicate that a position's compensation is commission based

Twice in the last week, I have been called in for an interview. Both interviews were a total waste of my time.

The first recruiter contacted me by e-mail describing the position in portfolio management. Once I met the recruiter in person, I learnt it was a sales "opportunity" where the compensation is commission based.

The second experience wasn't very different, however the company communicated that the position would be in a call centre for customer service. When I got there, it was something quite different : sales. Again, the compensation is commission based.

These recruiters wasted my time and money. Putting on a shirt and tie doesn't bother me in the least, however I was nonetheless upset that I had to pay for the bus fare to and back.

I am not sure what are the labour laws, but there should be some rules and regulations to prevent misleading recruiting practices.

If companies and agencies would like to avoid receiving resumes with falsified degrees, credentials etc., a database which links employers, educational institutions and others would make the recruiting and job search activities far more efficient.



Links:

http://www.asktheheadhunter.com/newsletter/OE20050823.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment