Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Awful customer experience with Mr. Lube

Last week, I had a tire patched on my car. There was a slow leak that I decided to eventually have properly patched. Thinking that I could save time, I made my way to Wal-Mart to get an oil change and have the tire patched at the same place. Unfortunately, the good rates that you would normally get from that shop were changed to Mr. Lube : about twice the price for everything.

Regardless, the tire got patched properly, however it seems like the rim has been damaged. Instead of leaking over the course of a week, it now leaks overnight. Given I was driving out of town, it was out of the question to return 600km to have it fixed at their shop. When I called the shop, the attendant said there is nothing that can be done, and I will have to to return to where I was originally serviced.  Using my compressor twice a day, 2000km later, Mr. Lube has given me the worst service ever.

Update :

Had I gone to another tire service center such as Canadian Tire or Kal Tire, not only would I have had good service, but it would have cost me much much less.
Mr Lube tire repair : 40$
The patch from Mr. Lube was not done properly so  I had to replace two tires : 130$.

Total 170$ and a lot of frustration. 


1 comment: