Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pre-employment screening physical test

After hundreds and hundreds of job applications, a few interviews and 8 years of post-secondary education, I will finally start a (temporary) job. The requirements are nothing other than a drivers licence and a high school education, but I need revenue and some work experience.

A pre-employment screening physical test was required. Here are the tests the staff at the clinic made me undergo :
  • Urine ( drug testing)
  • Weight and height
  • Lung capacity and pressure output
  • Hearing
  • Vision
  • Repetitive Stroke injury (Carpel Tunnel Syndrome) ( hold hands finger to finger palm to palm for a minute)
  • Blood pressure
  • Breathing
  • Heart beat
  • Back fitness : touch the ground with legs straight, push ups in 15 seconds, sit-ups.
Not thinking, I was wearing my oldest pair of glasses. I still did quite good, but it would have helped would I have worn my latest prescription. 

The last series of tests were in back fitness. The technician was particularly fit and good looking. I am not sure if the later was a factor in making me perform better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment