Sunday, January 16, 2011

Logitech mk300 - bad - bad mouse …… 有辦法!


Whether I needed or not a keyboard is a whole other question, but there are some things for which a mouse is indispensable. I often feel that I cannot live without the trackpoint, but the proximity to the screen using the laptop normally is maybe a little too much!

Nevertheless, I find that the time that I was spending looking around for alternatives to locally available (and expensive) Bluetooth mouse, was ridiculous, so I went out and got the Logitech MK300 keyboard and mouse. The 1200 dpi is was what got my attention.
(Sorry for the distraction, but am I writing on the Thinkpad T61p keyboard which is still much better than the Logitech! A little louder, but the response and the key height is more comfortable.)

As for the mouse there were a few things that I did not like :
click on the wheel
bounce in the air feeling of the buttons

Noise problem

1. Open the mouse by pulling off the cover which faces you to access the batteries.
2. Remove the batteries
3. Use a screw driver to remove the screw clearly visible
4. Pull the cover up and towards you.
5. Apply a small piece of foam or felt in the areas shown above.

Click of the wheel
The wheel will never have the weight or inertia of higher end models, but removing the click is still an improvement.

1. On the button cover, look for a screw in the centre ( located underneath, really towards the centre of the mouse )
2. Once the wheel mount is separated from the button fixture, the wheel can be pushed out of the sockets.
3. Remove the spring.
4. Reassemble.

Had I something around, a lining weight would have been nice, but I am not sure how that it would affect the sensors. A slight interference would maybe make the wheel unusable.

Regarding the MK300 keyboard, I would also change the Fn key which replaces the context menu, given I make a lot of errors, so now I have to hit two keys when correcting typos. )

No comments:

Post a Comment