Monday, January 26, 2015

I am applying for jobs - a quick blurb - an outlet for my frustration

I am nothing short of being completely discouraged. I have a sense of nausea thinking about networking, on or offline, and having to search for work once again. More than 6 months after having applied to "desperate for staff" government agencies, which were considered pretty good bets, tell me that they have fallen through.

As I look at my resume, I try to think what is it that I want to do? Is there something that I am able of doing? Realistically, there isn't anything that anyone can't do. I know I have no interest in finance, marketing or the design or development of consumer junk goods. Would I be good in the health field? I don't know as I would be uncomfortable with the fact that I may tend to judge people. Work in a day care? Well no, but I could learn how to.

Another thing that I am considering is not whether or not someone would be willing to hire me.

Self-criticism is necessary here. As I look through my blog posts, I acknowledge that there are grammatical errors, incomplete sequences of ideas, and even an exposure of my interests which might fail to interest a prospective employer. Then again, this blog is semi-anonymous.

I am going for a walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment