Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A job - looking for that thing at which I don't suck

I am still at it. Looking for work. There is no time in the past 10 years that I can remember where more than a month has passed by without having thought about my search for employment.

While I do have a lot of education and varied work experience, I have yet to find something that is reasonably satisfying. Either, I could not be inspired enough to seek new challenges within the field, or that the amount of effort I put in relative to others for a quality of work which was significantly inferior, told me that I should consider something else. Hard work is very important, but I recognize there is a point of diminishing returns, or the fallacy of sunk cost, which means a new path must be taken.

This may be a chicken and the egg problem. I have been single about my whole life. The time that I wasn't did not forecast me being in a couple for much longer. Doing things alone makes it more difficult for me to plan, dream or even dedicate myself to a given objective.

1 comment: